Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful for.....

I am Thankful for my feet, (even though they have been giving me trouble recently) for taking me on more miles of running fun then I can even count.

I am Thankful for my ipod. I just started running with music about two years ago, and it really makes a difference when you run 20 miles all by yourself.

I am Thankful for my trusty Garmin GPS watch. My hubby gave me the 401 for my 30Th birthday last year. I love being able to look down and see how long, how far, how fast I am going.

I am Thankful for my running shoes. I usually run in Mizuno's but this last pair are Asics and they have been pretty good to me. And they are pink, which I love.

I am Thankful for my fuel belt. It carries my water, Gatorade, and GU's while out on a long run.

I am Thankful for my Pepper spray. It helps me feel a little safer when I am pounding out the road all by my lonesome.

Most of all, I am very Thankful for my wonderful, understanding husband who has bought me all of my running gadgets. I don't work outside of the home and I don't bring in any kind of paycheck, so I really appreciate my hubby for supporting me in my passion and always willing to buy me the next best thing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my running/bloggy friends. We are off to Utah in the morning to spend the Holiday with our family's. I hope you all feel the spirit of Gratitude and have a joyful Turkey day.

6 comments:

CA said...

I totally agree about the IPod and music.

What's your favorite running song?

Run Mommy said...

Have a great holiday weekend!

Stacey said...

Have a great holiday with your family! If you get some extra time give me a call! I would love to see you. Happy Thanksgiving!

RunnerMom said...

Ditto on EVERYTHING!! I hope you have (or had by the time you read this) a great holiday!

Marci said...

I hope you have a great thankgiving!

RunnerMom said...

Hey--I'm *thinking* of joining you for the full at the Country Music Marathon! Are you starting a 16-week training plan the end of Dec?